I am looking for reliable contractor transcriptionists for overflow work. The pay will be 0.50p per recorded audio minute.
Please read the requirements below carefully.
- Be based in the UK with English as their first language.
- Have audio transcription experience.
- Have an excellent grasp of English vocabulary and grammar.
- Be willing to proofread their work once it has been typed and if it is a particularly difficult piece of audio then potentially proofread it twice.
- Be reliable and able to complete work within an alloted time.
- Have an up-to-date PC with suitable virus protection and have broadband access.
- Have installed digital transcription equipment including foot pedal to allow you to play DSS, MP3, WMA and other format audio files.
- Be willing to sign a Contractor Confidentiality Agreement.
- Be registered self-employed (proof to be provided).
If you can answer yes to all the above statements please send a CV detailing the experience you have as an audio typist or typist along with your typing speed in WPM, your availability and put in the subject line “Help on Tap Audio Transcription Vacancy”.
If I feel that your experience is sufficient and you have adequately followed instructions then I will send out a number of tests for you to complete. One will be a spelling test and another a simple Word formatting test.
We regret that we are unable to consider your application if:
- You are NOT based in the UK.
- You have no professional transcription/typing experience.
- You do not have a broadband internet connection or digital transcription software.